Pakistani Soaps

I could never muster any courage nor get any time to watch soaps on Pakistani TV channels. Every now and then, though, I get to catch a glimpse of TV screen while transiting through the TV lounge to any other part of the house. All I see is a shot of a women, which is either zooming in or zooming out, and the women weeping, sorrowfully. I am told that at times whole episodes are dedicated to shots of a woman, either sitting or standing, in a lush lounge of a lavishly built house and weeping over one thing or the other. I am also told that it is safe to assume that almost 80% of the time screen shots involve a character who is in remorse over either something lost or something found. There is too much crying and wailing involved in the Pakistani soaps of the day. These soaps are too depressive for a general viewer.
Women find these emotionally charged soaps very interesting and close to their hearts. Generally because they think that they can relate to all the depression depicted in these dramas. There are others who watch such nonsense just because there is nothing else to watch. Yet,there are those who are made to watch these soaps.
I can never understand the importance of this in the feminine life. This is something that is beyond me and I am happy that it just is. I think we Pakistanis, as a community, have too much time at our hands. Better still, I think we do not have a good idea of how to use our time in the best possible way. There is a general lack of direction and sense of objectivity in our lives and that is driving us towards useless inertia. All of our community lacks motivation. It lacks effective triggers. While men are busy wasting their time in angry demonstration the women folk use their time watching fantasies they can never materialize. Our community is not educated enough to realize the importance of time.
Allah says, 'Do not belittle time, for I am time.'


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog